Vein disease treatment
Vein diseases (phlebology) / venous disorders
- Diagnosis of venous disorders (varicose veins) and/or leg ulcers with Veinlite® (LED vein finder) and Doppler and Duplex (ultrasound) Siemens® AcusonX300 Premium Edition.
- Determination of the arterial occlusion pressure to rule out an arterial cause of an ulcer
- Sclerotherapy of spider veins (especially in the intemuscence) or laser (also as part of a study in collaboration with the Bern University Clinic for Dermatology)
- Ultrasound-assisted sclerotherapy with Phlebo-Lift AGASAN®
- Phlebectomies on an outpatient basis in approved operating room in practice
- Surgery (stripping) of larger varicose veins with a vascular surgeon
- Diagnosis of secondary open legs (malum perforans, vasculitis, panniculitis)
- Compression therapy for varicose veins
- Care and therapy (dressings) for leg ulcers
- Treatment of secondary open legs (malum perforans, vasculitis, panniculitis)
More than 50% of the population suffers from vein diseases of varying severity. Fine varicose veins (spider veins and reticular varicose veins) can sometimes only be a cosmetic problem, whereas larger varicose veins can lead to serious medical complaints in some patients.
Dr. Urs Büttiker, MD, is a specialist (FMH) in dermatology and venereology, FMH phlebology (venous disorders, USSG certificate of competence), FMH sonography vessels / veins (SGUM certificate of competence). As a specialist, he is also member of the Swiss Society of Dermatology and Venereology (SGDV), the Swiss Society for Ultrasound in Medicine (SGUM), the Swiss Society of Phlebology, the Union of Swiss Societies for Vascular Diseases (USSG) and the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology (EADV).
Symptoms / skin changes
These range from a feeling of heaviness in the legs with pain after prolonged standing, cramps and swelling to skin inflammation and brownish pigmentation of the lower legs and feet with hardening to open legs. However, not all leg complaints can be attributed to venous disease; sometimes incorrect loading of the joints, wear and tear on the spine, impaired arterial circulation or inadequate drainage function of the lymph vessels can also play a role.
The Phebology consultation (vein consultation) offers comprehensive diagnosis and treatment of venous diseases and related leg disorders. All modern equipment (episcopy, plethysmography, cw-Doppler and color duplex) is available for diagnosis. For treatment, procedures such as compression, vein-active medication, physiotherapy, sclerotherapy of spider veins and varicose veins (partly with the help of the color duplex) and surgical methods such as outpatient phlebectomy are offered.