For the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of various skin diseases at the dermatologist's practice in Bern Bubenberg, we have various diagnostic and therapeutic modalities at our disposal. After an in-depth medical consultation with dermatologist Dr. U. Büttiker, which usually includes a full-body examination, we will work with you to determine the next steps in the assessment and treatment process.
- Laboratory blood tests and blood count for various skin diseases (especially systemic diseases with skin involvement, collagenoses and autoimmune dermatoses)
- Microscopic and cultural fungal detection as well as cultural bacteriological detection
- Wood-light examination for various skin diseases
- Light microscopy (dermoscopy) with possible digital image storage of pigmented moles (melanoma screening) as well as digital recording and image storage of skin diseases for better follow-up
- Small skin samples (biopsies) for histological examinations of pigmented skin changes, benign or malignant skin tumors and various inflammatory skin diseases
- Immunofluorescence detection in biopsies, especially in suspected autoimmunological diseases
- Examinations of hair loss e.g. with trichogram or trichoscan
- Examinations of various sexual diseases and diseases of the external genitalia
- Bandaging and care of leg ulcers
- Dermojet treatment (intracutaneous administration of medication) for various skin diseases, e.g. Keloids (excessive scars formation) or warts
- Cryotherapy for the treatment of various skin conditions such as warts (treatment with liquid nitrogen)
Dr. Urs Büttiker, MD, is a dermatologist and member of the following societies: Swiss Society of Dermatology and Venereology (SGDV), European Academy of Dermatology and Venerology (EADV), Swiss Group of Esthetic Dermatology & Skincare (SGEDS) and in the Swiss Society for Medical Laser Applications (SGML).